So LUSH sucked me in……The other day while in the mall I ventured into the Lush store. I have been into the store one or two times but have never bought anything. I loved the smells of the products and what they stood for but I just wasn’t ready to commit until two days ago. If you have never heard of Lush, I don not know who hasn’t, let me tell you a little bit about their company and why I love their products.
Lush’s core values should be enough for you to take a look. They pride themselves on:
1. Being NAKED! “When it comes to packaging, less is more”. All their packaging is made from 100% recycled plastic. They ask that you reuse the container or bring it back to the store. They also offer a free Fresh Face Mask if you bring back five clean pots so they can recycle them. If that’s not a deal than what is?!?
2. Everything they make is 100% vegetarian and some even vegan
3. They make their products with the freshest ingredients possible daily
4. Fighting against animal testing for over 30 years. They love the animals!
5. Everything they make and sell is handmade to the touch
6. Ethical buying. Their ingredients do not cost the Earth. They are tree huggers. Which I love! 🙂
7. Charitable giving.
Check out their story here
Products I am trying now and LOVE:
1. Oatifix Fresh Face Mask- All Lush mask are made with essential oils, fresh fruit and veggies, deep cleansing clays and nutrient rich herbs. The Oatifix soothes dry and flaky skin with mashed bananas.This mask is for sentsitive dry or irritated skin. Lush has mask for all skin types. At only $6.95 for a pot that has five mask in it, it’s is definitely worth trying.
2. Buffy Body Butter- Exfoliating and moisturizing bar. This one is my favorite. The rough textures eliminate lumps and bumps and sloughs away dry skin cells to reveal brighter, fresher looking skin. The cocoa and shea butters keep your skin beautifully smooth, moisturizered and soft to the touch. Cost is $6.95, $11.95, or 22.95 depending on size.
3. Turkish Delight Shower Smoothie- They look like a body lotion, with a softy, creamy whipped texture, and yet they’re a soap. Turkish Delight is a rose scented smoothie. This specific one is particularly good for dry and sensitive bodies that need moisture. Cost is $34.95, but well worth it if you have dry skin. It last about 3 months. Great for the winter months.
5. Charity Pot Body Lotion- With floral perfume of ylang ylang and rosewood oils in a hydrating cocoa butter base, this lotion is extra moisturizing. Not only do I love this lotion 100 % of the profits go to charity. Cost is $6.95 or $25.95. The charity that is on the Lush pot I bought is Earth Guardians. This organization empowers youth around the globe to create social and environmental change in their communities. Check out their website here. So donate to a charity and get an awesome lotion while doing it.
What is your favorite LUSH product? I now have too many to name.
Visit the LUSH website here